Thursday, July 31, 2008

SCD - Day One

(GRAND RAPIDS) Jury's still out. Thus far, I've not been "wow"ed, but I'll reserve judgement for now. I would prefer a higher level of readiness from those who are leading. Also, I didn't leave my family, travel across the country at considerable expense to watch an opening plenary on a projection screen transmitted from Orlando.

If I wanted to watch TV, I'd a stayed home.

I'm also grating at the implied notion that "more numbers" equals faithfulness.

Highlights include conversations between the Memphis Conference team about what we are to do and be as we take church renewal seriously. And ultimately, that's what's going to be most important.

Got my walk in - Grand Rapids is a good 15 degrees cooler than Memphis.

Feels like spring.

Full day tomorrow - Feeling that I should have a stronger basis to make some judgements, I'll have more detail then.

Out.

No comments: