Thursday, May 25, 2006

I've Never Been to Spain, But I've Been to Oklahoma

I read today that more people voted for the American Idol boy than any President in American history.

Therein lies our problem - run for your lives, civilization as we know it is over.

I don't get it.

But I've got the feeling I'm missing something.

But so what?

My ambivalence about "must sees" and "must dos" probably reveals more about my own character than I'd care to admit.

I don't watch American Idol - never have - don't care.

Don't watch Survivor, Fear Factor, CSI's, Desperate Housewives...

I didn't see Titantic - Why? Because everyone told me I had to, plus I know what happens.

I've never been on the Walk to Emmaus - Why? same reason (although I'm not supposed to know what happens, I've seen the "playbook").

I've never seen "Gone With the Wind," and frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn.

Don't know if it's just how God made me, or, if it's plain old Jeffords' stubbornness (which some folks know really well), but don't tell me what I have to do, or that somehow I'm not in, or complete until I've done what the in crowd expects.

No comments: