Friday, September 29, 2006

"Oh Billy, Billy Billy......."*

*Caddyshack reference

Oh yes, I was there.

And "magic" doesn't capture it. Maybe "transcendent" does.

We beat the NFL's MVP.

"So we have that going for us, which is nice..."*

And for a moment, albeit a brief one - there was numbed silence from the legion in Orange, where once there was obnoxious stupidity.

Once upon a time, as a young teen, before I ever moved to Memphis, I was a fan of UT.

Well, I don't know, maybe more an acquaintance than a fan, but I did own some orange attire.

Back when we lived at Malesus, a church member would take a couple of the guys in the youth group to Knoxville to watch a game. I was among them a couple of times.

But as the Apostle Paul so eloquently states, "when I was a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child...when I became a man, I gave up childish ways."

The story of my conversion to Tiger Blue is found here.


C'mon - Tigers - nobody thinks you can do it again.

But I do - just "Be the ball."*

Hope springs eternal. Bring it, boys!

"Just a Cinderella boy, Augusta Georgia, I think he has a nine iron..."*

No comments: