Monday, October 13, 2008

The Return of the Definition of an Idiot

OK, here we go . . . .

Long before KO was doing "Worst Person in the World," I was offering an occasional notice when someone said or did something so idiotic it couldn't be ignored.

I haven't posted anything on it in awhile (not for lack of idiotic material from which to choose), and yes, I know, I've been very silent during this political season...but I'm done.

This guy....is an idiot on so many different levels...

Enjoy...




Where to begin.."my God's bigger than your God?" Really? Is that all you've got?
"God, let my guy win because your reputation is at stake?" Please, brother...give me a break.

My people have heard me say this more than once..."God doesn't need defenders...God expects, as a response to Amazing Grace, that we live lives in right relationship with God expressed through just relationships with each other...especially those pushed to the margins of life."

Period.

And when people spend most of their time feeling like they have to defend God, or the doctrines of the Church, it is, more often than not, rhetorical cover for not really having faith worth a damn or caring enough to be in relationship with the least of these.

"Sorry, don't have time to live the sacramental life, I've got to defend the virgin birth because Jesus' reputation is on the line." If it wasn't so tragic, it would be laughable.

But there's more at stake here....too much vitriol spewed, too much of our lesser natures stoked, inflamed, too many bells rung that can't be unrung. And it wasn't by accident.

It smacks of desperation, fear, lots of anger that someone must be blamed for the way things are.

So, Pastor, Brother, Reverend, or whatever you call yourself, you're not a part of the solution, you're part of the problem...welcome to the list.

1 comment:

Joe Baseball said...

Fairly certain there's not an ounce (or dare we say inch?) of difference in Deity Envy and Penis Envy.