Monday, December 10, 2007

Party Planner, At Your Service

So, among my other vocational options, should this whole ministry deal tank, is planning parties. Last weekend was the culmination of months of planning to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday.

Yes, I know, she's just 40, I robbed the cradle. Actually it was the other way around, but that's another story for a venue other than this one.

Anyway, motivated by the desire to throw a good party, especially for her, and, too, a healthy dose of ego to say "yes, men can throw good parties, too," I worked to pull this together. Even took a bit of a second job these last few months to pay for it.

About 30 friends and family members, plentiful food and beverage, and a cake that everyone told me was jaw dropping (to which I'll only say this, it ought to have been) - it was a good night, a very good night.

And while she knew it was coming, I think she was surprised by the reality of those who came, and celebrated with her.
We all need those moments to feel affirmed, important - that our lives matter.

And sometimes, we just need an opportunity to party.

When when you need such an occasion, call me - we'll see what we can work out.

No comments: