Monday, July 17, 2006

Re-Creation

For the next couple of weeks, I'll be silent on the blogosphere.

I'm with family in our favorite Florida place to be away.

Sabbath keeping - isn't there something in the Bible about that?

If so, why are we generally so bad at honoring that commandment?

It's even further up the list that those commandments we think that if we keep we're somehow better than everyone else - you know, don't lie, don't steal, don't commit murder, don't seek to "know" your neighbor's spouse (if, you know what I mean).

Minor stuff like that.

So, I'm going to work hard at "non-doing" these two weeks. That's a relative term, of course, because my agenda is now driven by three young men who are pretty sure they want to get into everything here they possibly can.

But that's o.k. - we're doing it together.

In the meantime, take a moment to check out some other spots on the web. My brother in the faith and in the clergy, and friend of over 20 years, Sky McCracken, has a fine site at www.revdsky.blogspot.com.

I'm a huge fan of Sarah Dylan Breuer - her website is full of interesting things, and her lectionary comments continually stir the imaginings of my own spirit as I ready a homily. You'll find her at www.sarahlaughed.net/lectionary/

Or, keep up with the doings at Saint John's with our newly revised and ever expanding website - www.stjohnsmidtown.org. St. J's own creative minds are making that site pop. Way to go, Jaime!

When next we commune through the "internets," my expectation is to be, as the Indigo Girls sing oh so well, a bit "closer to fine."

I'm out.

Look for me "sprawled" on a beach in the Sandestin area - if you need me.

No comments: